Friday 12 October 2007

London

I decided a few weeks ago that I needed to take advantage of living in London. SO many things are going on that I don't do. Wednesday I arranged tickets for some friends and I to see the recording of Graham Norton Live. The tickets you get tell you that they give out more tickets than there are places to sit. Well apparently the studio had never had so many people turn up for the show. Bad news is as we were at the back of the queue...we didn't get in. Good news is that we got re-booked to see him later in the series. And this time we have priority seats which means no queueing or first come first serve - our seats are reserved. I ended up having a good evening even without Graham Norton. We had a drink looking out onto the Thames River and then went for an Italian. Very nice indeed.

Thursday I met up with Hayley. A pleasant evening as always - even though I was a rubbish friend (sorry H!) Sometimes friends should just listen to the woes of their friend and tell them how crap it is (that is instead of trying to explain the other point of view.) Anyway. We ended up at this swanky Chinese restaurant. You know that it's going to be a nice restaurant when you use the loo and to dry your hands there are individual cloth hand towels and a 'dirty clothes' shot to throw them in when you're finished. The food was exquisite. The service was attentive but not overbearing. The dinners sitting across from had their noses far to far up their own @sses! So irritating - even their tone of voice made my skin crawl. But it was a great restaurant* and wonderful evening. I love meeting up with Hayley.


As my friend (you know who you are!) has once again canceled the trip down to London, I'm without plans this weekend. But hey ho. I'll find something to do. I want to try out another gym, but not to keen on little kiddies being around. I don't like kiddies in gyms.

*I would highly recommend it: http://www.memories-of-china.co.uk/

0 comments: