Tuesday 13 November 2007

My epic bath

Monday was a bit of a 'nothing' day, in the sense that I have nothing exciting to tell you. After work, my flatmate and I went grocery shopping. We were in and out in less than 45 minutes, which was pretty cool. I cooked dinner once the groceries were put away, and then I was ready for bed. I was up late on Sunday night so most of Monday I was tired. I mildly suffer with insomnia, so I try not to sleep until bed time (ie naps are bad).

In the attempt to waste a bit of time I thought I'd have a bath. Being the considerate flatmate that I am, I asked Helen if she needed in the bathroom before I took a bath. She didn't. (As a side note, those of you who have lived with me might be able to recall I sometimes have a pretty long bath - sometimes I get bored very quickly and am out within 20 minutes, sometimes I'm in the bath for an hour...) Well yesterday I fell asleep in the bath (really warm bath when sleepy, maybe not so much a good idea) and emerged from the bathroom an hour and a half later. By that time poor Helen was crossing her legs. Opps! Sorry Helen.

I also called my mom's to say hello, Cheryl (my sister) wanted to speak to me so Mom passed the phone to her. Cheryl wanted to say thank you for the baby gift (a car seat) I had gotten for Madilyn (my niece). I can only take a thank you for buying the car seat. My dad, bless him, traveled 2 odd hours to pick up the car seat*. He went above and beyond the call of duty, but I'm really thankful! Since it was a bit pricey of a gift, Mom wrote a card from me saying "Congratulations on your new arrival, happy baby shower and Merry Christmas (and Happy birthday Cheryl**)" and wrapped the carseat to match. Pink paper with a baby face on the front, holly leaves for Christmas on one side and birthday decorations on the other. My mom's a very clever and creative lady. It was good wrapping! Thanks mom and dad for your help!
Left to right: baby side, Madilyn enjoying pressie, bday side, xmas side)


I'm also wearing more of the jewelry Cheryl sent me. I got fed up of trying to take a picture of it that looked good. This is what I ended up with:
How fun am I!


*Cheryl and Scott registered at places that Paris (where my parents live) don't have and the car seat wasn't available to buy online. Talk about complicated gift buying!
**Cheryl has a birthday coming up in the new year - it's a bit of a "here's a gift for the next few occasions that I should give you a gift" kind of gift :)

1 comments:

Scott and Cheryl said...

I like the jewelry, and your hair color, by the way, but the face leaves a bit to be desired! : )