Saturday 29 March 2008

What a Friday!

I was meant to go to an 80's party tonight so last night I was frantically trying to sort out an outfit. Even thought I didn't end up going to the party (it was cancelled in the end) I thought you might enjoy laughing at my outfit:

I'm loving the "out of it" look on my face!

My "leg warmers" are toe socks that I cut off the toes and pulled up. The top is a boob tube that I wore on holiday a few years ago and the pink pants are courtesy of my grandmother. All in all I think it made a great 80's look. (If only I had those stirrup pants from Rachel S - if you don't know what I'm talking about click this link for the picture)


So I didn't end up going to the party, but my friend Ed came round and I made him tea (dinner / supper or what ever you'd like to call your evening meal). He made himself comfortable and dined in style

I'm sure his mother would be so proud of his manners :-)


We then headed into the city and I ended up meeting my flatmate for a drink as well. I unfortunately have no pictures from this part of the night (boo Karen), but did get to meet some fun people. One of whom had been stopped at random by the police earlier today under the Terrorist Act and search for explosive paraphernalia - how random is that?! Then it was back home to my bed ....




So my bed, here's whole other subject worthy of a post of it's own (but I'm too lazy to do another post so I'll tack in onto this one.) A few months ago I went to bed and noticed there was a damp patch near the head board - I thought I'd spilled some water until I realised my ceiling had leaked onto my bed. So I phoned the landlord to get him to sort it out. My landlord called the freeholder (renting a flat is SO complicated!) who called his site manager who called her worker guy (did I mention how complicated renting a flat in London was). After he failed to come round I called my landlord back, who in turn called the free holder, who called the site manager who called the worker guy who finally arranged a time to come to my flat and look at the problem. Then again I heard nothing back. This is going on over three months now, but I'm pretty laid back about the whole thing: it only leaked the once, and although the wet damage was getting worse, I don't own the flat. I did call the landlord back about a fortnight ago just to let him know no one had been in touch since the worker guy had come. That's the back story to today. Today while at the bank I get a call from my cleaner (yes I am VERY lazy and I do have a cleaner - and she's lovely!). The cleaner tells me that my ceiling is raining on my bed. By the time I got home she had tidied the bed and put the mattress against the call and cleaned up the excess water. This was around 2pm this afternoon. I left a message on my land lord's phone to let him know what happened. I also called the freeholder direct, as I wanted to get the ball rolling as this was now urgent to get sorted. He told me he'd get straight onto his site manager. 3:30 rolls around and I've heard nothing so I call the landlord back and leave another message and I also call the freeholder. He tells me he hasn't been able to get in touch with site manager; he had sent her an email with my number asking to ring me as a matter of urgency. I express my concern at the urgency of the issue of a ceiling raining on MY BED and he called his roof guy and passed my number onto the roof guy. 4:30 rolls around and my landlord calls to say he's just got my messages and is sorry and will get straight onto the freeholder. At 5:30 the roof guy FINALLY calls to say he can come round at 10am on Sunday, if that's ok. "Can you come tomorrow?" I ask. "Normally I would, but tomorrow I can't. Sunday's the earliest I can come" say he. Does anyone out there find this to be remotely acceptable? Seriously, please leave a comment if you do. I certainly don't! Grrr, grr, grr, grr, grr!


Oh yes, the icing on the cake. Around 8pm the site manager rings me. 6 hours later. How is that answering an urgent matter? Please tell me. GRRR! I told her I wasn't satisfied waiting the weekend and I might get someone to come out tomorrow and I'd forward them the bill. She said this would be fine (or something like that). I don't know that I will because I don't want to get stuck not being reimbursed for the work. But I'm pretty irritated with the whole situation.

Luckily my flatmate is out tonight, so I'm sleeping in her bed. Tomorrow, I fear I will be on the couch. How wrong!!!!



=============

SUNDAY UPDATE

=============

Sunday this man came to look at the roof. He didn't come to fix the roof. So outraged! Not at him, but at the situation! Grrr!!!


================

MONDAY UPDATE

==================

A big thank you to God for giving us friends. One of my colleagues at work is married to a builder. I did a bit of fast calling today and he was lovely enough to come by and do a temporary patch job to my roof. Thank you John!!!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Great outfit. If you want the stirrup pants, you will have to take it up with John S., who is now the proud owner. They definitely would have completed the outfit.