Sunday 14 September 2008

Busy Liitle Bee, me.

Those of you reading my blog more than likely know me, and thus should know I'm a pretty friendly and social person. I enjoy going out with friends and catching up, chewing the fat, what ever you want to call it. That said I usually end up going out once or twice a week and once or twice at the weekend. Somehow, over the past three weeks, I'm lucky if I have one night in seven days that I'm at home just chilling by myself. My social calendar just got really busy really fast. Let me tell you, it's not that easy working hard and playing hard - it's a lot of hard work! But I'm enjoying it!!

Last Sunday, the day after paintballing, I met up with Karen. I met Karen in 2001. She came up to the Midlands (where I used to live) from London (where she lived) to train me. We kept in contact and I came down to London a few times and she came up to the Midlands a few times over the years. When I moved to London she was literally the only person that lived in London that I already knew. Somehow we managed to get through 2 years of me being in London without seeing each other. I think it'd been around 3 years since I last saw her, so it was great catching up with her Sunday afternoon. After lunch we went shopping, Karen needed a few new shirts. Instead of finding decent things that we could purchase, we just ended up making fun of heaps of hideous clothes, wondering who would pay money for them. Karen's sporting a shaggy dog (ok ok, it's actually a coat, but she might as well be holding up a black shaggy dog, they look the same!)

During the week it was more catching up with friends, but alas, there's no pictures from it. Monday I was at a gastro pub (which is a pub that serves a bit more classy food than your normal burger and chips pub). Tuesday I went to the movies and saw The Dark Night for the second time, geepers that's a really looong movie!! Wednesday I was at work til 7pm (arg) then went out to a Thai restaurant with a friend from work. Thursday I was at home (yippee hoary!) but I was pretty dead after a workout at school. Each Thursday there's a "Keep Fit" class after school, Thursday was my first time attending. The instructor does different things every week (so it doesn't get boring and monotonous I guess), I think Thursday's session was a "Legs, tums and bums" session - let me tell you, my bum was aching for days. Sheesh!! Thursday evening was the last night my flatmate, Lindsay was here and I helped her pack a little. (She moved out Friday, sad times.) Friday night I went to the pub after work, a normal Friday night event.

Saturday I had been invited to three parties (seriously guys, can't we spread these events onto 3 days so I can attend them all?!) One of the parties was a 30th party in the midlands for Carla, a friend from church. I really wanted to go to this but another of the parties was Adam's leaving party. I've worked with Adam for the past two years in London and he's headed back home to Australia. As much as I wanted to go to the 30th birthday party, I knew I'd be able to see Carla again, where as I might never see Adam again. So I decided to stay in London and go to 2 of the 3 parties down here.

The first party was a street party at Clare's. I was invited to a street party but I didn't actually think it was going to be a full street of neighbours outside BBQing and having fun. It was something straight out of the 1960s,
complete with tug of war (Clare and [crud, I forgot her name again!])...

... BBQs (this is Louise, Clare and Neil)...

...wood cut outs that you stick you face in and make yourself look silly (as demonstrated by Clare here)...


...ping pong, music, a raffle draw and much more. It was quite a fun afternoon. (Thanks for the invite Clare!!!) I had to duck out of the party and head to party number two which was Adam's leaving do. This was a more quite affair (his street didn't show up to wish him off - how rude!) but there were still several friends there to say good luck and bon voyage! We'll miss you Adam!

Adam and I


Sunday (today) I was back out in the city for dinner and a movie, this time seeing The Dutchess. Busy busy busy. Sorry for neglecting my blog for so long, but hopefully you'll forgive me.

1 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

seeing your pics of the bbq reminds me of the ones we used to have. Fun times :)