Wednesday 10 December 2008

An unexpected great night with a friend

My friend, Mary, is just a ball of energy and fun! I needed to go to a shop in central London and as Mary travels through central London to get home, we decided to go for coffee first. Coffee had, we went in search for the shop. I had assumed Mary would leave me to shop and she would head home, but to my delight she decided to join me on my shopping expedition. I had printed a map from Google maps (wonderful map finder if you've never used it) and we were off. I hadn't noticed when copying and pasting the street address from the shop's website to Goggle maps that the street address had changed from 20 street name to Flat 20 street name. I didn't notice this til we ended up next to a block of flats.

Mary thought the shop might be in the block of flats ("like a Tupperware party" says she), so she rang the flat intercom to ask. Imagine the man's surprise when she asked. Oh what fun!!!


We did eventually find the shop, which didn't have what I was after. Grr! After failing to find said item in two other stores, we gave up and decided we needed food.


The restaurant we wondered into had tables covered in paper and crayons - so we had fun being artist! Mary was impressed with my ability to draw block letters upside down:


a bit of photo rotation for you - this is our art work "right side up" - our initials


Art work done, I decided Mary would make a good Rudolf, so I tried to give her a red nose


What a great Monday evening we had. Girlie chit chat, shopping, colouring and heaps of fun!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like an enexpected great night! Hopefully we'll have our unexpected great nights :D

See you soon!
Mom