Friday 6 March 2009

The bestest movie and Valentines Day

Early February Ed and I had plans to go out and have some good ole fun with some other mates. The other mates cancelled on us, but we were not deterred, we would have fun. Ed's flatmate was going to the opening night of He's Just Not That Into You so we joined her, bringing Meghan in tow (we would have fun, and we would drag everyone along with us to have this fun). We went to one of the main movie theatres in Leicester Sq (where the big premieres happen), I've never been to such a large screening. What a great movie and a great atmosphere. Seriously loved this movie. This has possibly become my number one favourite film, but definitely in my top five of all time. Loved it! After the movie we walked around a while till we found a curry house still serving food before heading home. A brilliant night. Loved it!

Riding up the escalator with Ed & Meghan

Valentine's night I went over to Ed's flat for a singles gathering of sorts. I thought there were going to be several happy go lucky singles there, but it ended up being more of dinner party of six singletons (Ed, Mary H, Meghan, Ruth, ??? (Ed's friend that I've met before and forgotten his name - how rubbish am i?!) and myself). And it was a great night! Somehow I ended up with these as my only pictures from Valentines Day - how rubbish!!

I couldn't decide which outfit I should wear, so I took a couple photos and emailed them to Tesca who helped me decide - yes, I am one of those people. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true. This is the outfit I went with


Ed mate - the forgotten name one. He opened a bottle of champagne by cutting off the cork - very cool party trick!!

Most of the group had early Saturday mornings to get up for, but Ed and I were still up of more fun, so when everyone else we walked down the road to meet Ed's flatmate, Alice, at a pub. From there we went to a club down the road which was absolutely heaving with people. This excursion made me feel so very old - too many people (so many people that there was a queue to get in, a queue to pay, a 2 hour queue to check your coats in - we kept ours after finding that out, and a 30 minute queue to use the loo - ridiculous!), too hot, too loud, too much of a meat market. But after paying to get in, I was definitely going to make the most of is so I enjoyed making an idiot of myself on the dance floor with Ed. Fun times!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, interesting Valentine week end. So glad to hear about you attending the opening of HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. Thought I might put it on my list of movies to see since you liked it so much, but then I wondered if we would have similar taste as far as that goes. Let me know what you think.

Love you, Mom