Wednesday 18 November 2009

A weekend in Leeds



This past weekend James and I went to Leeds to visit his grandmother. We left early early Saturday morning (5am!) which turned out to be a good thing as any earlier / later we would have been stuck in a pretty horrible traffic jam! We were extremely well fed, a scrummy late Saturday brunch fry up and a beef roast dinner Saturday night (oh my goodness, I think it's the best roast dinner I've had!) and as we were in the north, some good old fish and chips from the local (pictured above). I think I ate my month's worth of calorie intake in those 2 days!
This was the first time I've met James's gran and I must say she is a wonderful character, I had a most enjoyable weekend! Because we stopped by and said a quick hello to the Bullocks in Ilkeston (they were only 15 minutes off route) we ended up in some pretty nasty traffic Sunday night on the way home and got in quite late, but it was good to be able to see them as we were so close!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see the photo of James with his grandmother. This takes me back to many visits with the Waterman's in the 70's. Dad sat at their kitchen table enjoying his grandma's cooking many years, treasured memories.