Monday 21 May 2007

What's going on with me?

I'm glad you asked

Work - I'm currently building the school's timetable for next year - probably my biggest project during the year. My eyes are going cross. I got a new laptop and desktop computer. I was excited. This simply goes to confirming I am a geek.

Family - Good question. I'm happy to report my grandmother is at home, she went home around a month ago. She can walk a bit and fend for herself to a very limited point. I'm very happy that she's doing so well. I know it's got to be hard because she is still very dependant on other people, but I'm thrilled to bits that she's still around!
My parents are fine as far as I know.
My sister and her husband are fine as far as I know. Prayers are welcome for the start of their family.
My grandfather is just as ornery as ever, and I love him despite it :)

Home - In August I moved to London to take a job at a school. I used to work for a software company that supplied software to schools. I now work with that software in a school. That's the short version of what I do M-F.

Moving to London has turned out to be harder for me than moving to England in the first place. My thoughts on this oddness:
1 - when I came to England, it was only meant to be for 2 years - it wasn't permenant. By the time it became permenant, it already felt like home. Whereas moving to London felt like I threw away a lifetime of memories and junk that I had kept like a true pack rat :)
2- when I came to England I came with 5 other people I knew quite well. We were all in a similar situation - none of us knew anyone else. I came to London by myself and knew noone. londoners are really hard to get to know!
3 - when I went to Nottingham (that's where I originally moved to for those with an extremely bad memory) I was instantly part of a church and family. In Lodnon I have to find a new church and new family. They're far away and different to home :( (the home I refere to is Nottingham - sorry American family that I love :)

I rent an unfurnished 2 bedroom flat in south east london. It costs me £850 a month just for rent (that's roughly $1700 for you Americans reading). I bet some of you could remember when you could buy a whole house and 20 aches for that price - not in London! And can I just say that's one of the more modeltly priced places. Because of the expense, I have a flatmate. She's lovely. She also works in a school. But unlike me she gets all the school holidays - the little terd. So next week she'll be longing at home while I'm slaving at work.


Me - I'm single. I guess. Technically I'm not divorced yet. WHy you might ask. If I'm being honest, a lot of it has to do with the fact I have a chronic alment called lazziness. I also suffer with not being overly bothered. On top of that it costs money (that I don't have - did I tell you how much my rent alone is?!) And I have one of my ex-husband's (yes Ieven though we're not officially divorced I call him my ex husband - what else would I call him) loans in my name and we wnated to get that sorted first.
No I've not been dating recently. This is partly due to the lack of interest shown (sniff sniff) more to do with it being hard enough to meet a whole new circle of friends let alone think about finding someone to date! It's also because I hate the idea of having to 'date' again and because I think my family disapprove of me dating while I'm still techniacally still not divorced. Seperated for two years isn't enough. Speaking of which - I'll have been mariied for 6 years a month from today. How odd.


How can that be comfortable?

Bob had fun with the move -
she liked making forts out ofwhatever was piled up


I reckon she's got some 'dog' gene



Bob - Bob is my cat that has now gone walk abouts. She's been gone since the last weekend in April. I was away for the weekend. My flatmate let her out Friday evening and Bob never came back. Tissues out! I'm sad now. I want Bob to come back home. Irritating as it is, Bob's name tag had come off the week prior to her disappearence. So she's tagless.

Misc - The Pied Pipers from Harding Uni are in Nottingham at the moment. This past weekend I went up there to see them. There were a few Pipers there that came 2 years ago. It was good to see them. They always come with such energy and make a possitive impact to the church.

0 comments: