Saturday 18 August 2007

Another all-nighter

Look at the time stamp of this post. Yes it's 5:45 AM. What pray-tell you ask, was I doing this Friday night that kept me up til 5:45 in the morning. Yes, I'm afraid it's true - I was reading Harry Potter. I feel a bit empty inside now; I've finished it. There will never be any more new tales of Harry, Ron and Hermione's adventures. **Sigh**
Loved the book. Well, that's a bit obvious as I pulled 2 all nighters* to read it after work (interrupted from reading it only for work and a night out). This evening I audibly gasped a few times. I let out a couple cries of 'oh no!' and Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!' My heart rate speed up as I read through some of the story as I feared for the outcome. And yes, I even shed a couple tears at one point - real actual tears! The transformation I must say is complete - I am truly Jean's daughter through and through.
For those of you who have read the book and are curious of where the tears were shed, I shall post a comment. I don't want to ruin anything for those of you who haven't finished reading the book.

*Why couldn't I have been this interesting in the reading assignments at school - those books always put me to sleep - especially when I needed to do an all nighter so I could pass a test the next day!

1 comments:

karen said...

For those curios : There where several 'Oh no' s and 'Oh my gosh's at the end of chapter 23 (The Malfoy Manor) for Dobby's death. There was a heart-felt 'Ah!' with a hand-covering-mouth gesture with Percy's cameo comeback in chapter 30 (The sacking of Severus Snape). And my tears where shed somewhere in chapter 31 (The Battle of Hogwarts) Reading through all those who died. There where a few gigles and smirks as well through the book - like when Kreacher came bounding into the great Hall in Chapter 36 (The Flaw in the Plan) and just before Fred's dimise when Percy craked a joke in chapter 31 (The Battle of Hogwarts). I do remember laughing out loud but can't remember at what.

Did anyone wonder where Charlie Weasley was and why he didn't make an appearence in this book? Everyone else from the whole set of books seemed to make some sort of appearance.