Thursday 16 August 2007

Harry Potter Obsession


I had a very productive evening last night. Although I moved into my flat last November, I still have boxes piled in corners. As my flatmate is moving out next week (have I mentioned my flatmate is moving out? Hmm. Well now I have) I have decided that I should try and clear some of these boxes and clutter away as my next flatmate might not be as tolerant of the boxes. I reckon Hannah (current flatmate) came to love the boxes as I did :) I spent several hours clearing out the hallway and cupboard under the stairs and managed to get through several boxes - all the boxes that were there actually. There's some residual clutter that I need to sort, but by 9:30 last night I'd had enough of clearing - I did start around 5.
For the last couple of months I have been "re-reading" the Harry Potter series. I have actually been listening to them on my ipod player. Thanks to my father I have them as mp3's. I have read the books a few times through - each time a new one came out. But by listening to them I can do other things while "reading" at the same time - ie unpack boxes, ride on the subway (I get motion sick to easily to actually read a book on the tube), and even do work (at work) - this makes it easier / faster to get through the books again. When the seventh book in the series came out, I was dying to read it - but I was only half-way through re-reading the 5th book. Okay, now I'm just giving you too many details and drawing my story out.** Anyway, yesterday I finished the 6th book. I could finally read the 7th book. So excited was I (I realise how sad this is - but hey, it's Harry Potter!) that I started reading the 7th book straight away. This was around 10 last night. I tried to put the book down several times to go to bed ... but I was addicted. "I'll just finish this chapter" must have gone through my head a dozen times. Half way through the book and unable to concentrate any longer, I put the book down and went to bed - just after 4 this morning!

**Thanks for the reminder James - stay out of my head! :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun to hear about you going through boxes while "reading" the Harry Potter series again. Bet it was rough on you the next day with so little sleep! I need to get you and Dad listening to The Living Word on your I Pods!

Love you, Mom