Friday 17 August 2007

Night in the city

Last night I went into the city to help my friend Hayley (pictured above) celebrate her 27th birthday with a few of her mates and her boyfriend. The conversation was very much what I would deem as 'girly talk. Jono (Hayley's boyfriend) must have felt like he was watching an episode of Sex and the City; I know a few episodes crossed my thoughts through the night. I did enjoy myself but for some reason* headed off at a reasonable time.

Turns out it was a good thing I did as I caught the last tube. Since when did tubes stop at 10:15 at night?! The tube was absolutely jammed full - like something out of a cartoon! When the doors opened people literally fell out of the train as they were jammed against the door. This was understandable as it was the last tube of the night. What I didn't understand is why it was the same way when I went into town. The tubes are indisputably busy during rush hour, but I went into town at 7. Why they were still so busy at 7 I don't know. But there you have it. I got up close and personal with a few too many Londoners last night.
And yes, when I got home I did read some more of Harry Potter - but only one chapter as I was quite tired from the previous night's reading :)

* Reason being: I don't have much money left for the month and didn't want to blow it all on one night out. I thought I might appreciate easting for the rest of the month instead :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa said in Japan there is an attendant who pushes the passengers into the subway in these situations. It is quite common there. Mom