Friday 17 August 2007

I forgot the best bit

well maybe not the best bit, but a very notable bit. I take a train to get into the city (it takes about 20 minutes) and took this time to put on my make-up. Those of you who know me won't be surprised by this. When I finished putting on my face, I noticed a guy staring at me. This isn't uncommon but usually when you meet someones eyes on the train they look away (or you do) but this guy kept staring. I thought nothing of it - as I was putting on make-up and it isn't the most common thing to see on the train. I then picked up a newspaper someone left and perused through it. I found the sudoku in the back and dug out a pen from my bag and preceded to occupy my time doing sudoku whilst bopping my head to my ipod. I could see the guy (through my peripheral vision) and he was still looking at me. I must have been having a good hair day. A couple more times I looked up and he was still staring. Unfortunately he wasn't a guy I would rate*. train arrived in London and I headed for the tube. Just as I got to the entrance of the tube station someone tapped me on the shoulder. I thought I must have dropped something. Nope. It was said guy! He asked if he could have my number. I was so impressed by his nerve (it takes some balls to walk up to a stranger and ask for their number) that I gave him mine. And I even gave him my proper number!
While I was out with Hayley, I got 2 missed calls from a number I didn't have in my phone - presumably said guy (I can't remember his name.) Way to boost my ego :)

*I didn't think he was very attractive.

1 comments:

karen said...

So I answered the phone when he called. I'm still not rating him very much. conversation was hard work. I'm not so sure he's worth the effort.
But still, it was a nice boost of the ego.