Thursday 25 October 2007

Catch up with Karen

So this past week's been busy. And I have lots of pictures for you. Be warned.


Last Thursday I went to see a TV show being recorded. Not the best of shows but it was a night out. And it was kind of interesting to see what all goes into recording a show. It was a panel show called 'And then You Die' - attractive title huh :) It was a comedy show making fun of the horrible things we do and that happen to us. Oh yes, the host was a puppet. Hmm.
This was the stage set
I went with a friend / colleague called Siobhan
(Not the best picture, but it's what I got)

When I got home, Helen's boyfriend was here.

Friday night I drove to Derby. Every year I go to the fair with a friend of mine, Andrew. I'm not sure why I go to the fair. I force myself to ride one ride (don't like fair rides) and I'm not too hot on all the games. But despite it all, I love our yearly tradition!

This was taken in front o the ride I got on. It was actually a fun ride - and I didn't feel sick after it :) I out-did myself and managed a second ride this year. Impressive. It was only the Ferris Wheel, but that did make me feel sick. The bonus - really cool views :)

This is Andrew on ride number 3. Far too scary and nauseating for me.
Scary ride:


Saturday Andrew and I drove up to Manchester. Andrew was quite fascinated by this building. It is kinda weird architecture and somewhat amazing it's still standing. We then went to a science museum. There was so pretty old stuff in there. Ok, yes I know museum = old stuff on display. There were a few different buildings.

This building had old bicycles and motor bikes and cars...

...and planes There was another building with trains. This was Andrew's favourite I think. He's a bit of a train buff. He's engrossed by an engine here:

And the oldest train station was there. (There were no good photo shots, so I took one of the sign.) Sunday was church and then we went to a beautiful old estate and took pictures. It was a great afternoon out. Sunday night I spent visiting with Patty and John (my second set of parents).

Monday I visited with Ken (a great friend and the minister who married Ben and I). Monday night I went out with Grant, another friend. Then we watched a DVD, Tristen and Isolde.

Tuesday I had lunch with my former boss and then headed back to London. By the time I got to London it was rush hour. It was horrible. SO many people, so many bikes and motor cycles. I'm sure I almost hit at least 3 people on bikes / motor cycles. But luckily no hits.

Look at the left of this picture: see the mass of bike riders? And the blur of people:

When I got back, I noticed the pumpkin wasn't fond of the warmth of the flat. Mould had taken over, and poor Jack met his death.

Today Helen got back today from Ireland and we've been watching DVDs this afternoon. very forgettable ones, but a nice relaxing afternoon.


(Cheryl look in the bottom right of this picture .... can you tell what's on the mug? Your Alma Mater)

0 comments: