Friday 26 October 2007

Ridiculous!

Last week I broke the antenna off my car off in a £5 car wash. Stupid I know. Expensive mistake - absolutely. Wednesday I called my local Nissan dealership to book it in to get it fixed. They told me to bring the car down. So I did. They then told me they'd need to book it in. Irritated was I but I booked it in for today. Wednesday I was told the price of the antenna and base (it snapped off at the base - yes, more expensive) would be x* amount of pounds and because to fit the new parts they would have to take the inside of the rook off it would cost approximately £40. Now I don't recall whether that included VAT or not, so I was expecting to pay at most £55. After an hour and 26 minutes waiting, I was told that it came to £82 and change. How irritated am I?! There's a big difference between £40 some odd pounds and £82. Was there anything I could do, no. How irritated am I? Extremely.

I did tell the garage I wouldn't be back.

*I forgot the exact amount for each part

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it one of those satelite antennas like ONSTAR?

Mom

karen said...

What's ONSTAR?