Tuesday 9 October 2007

Voluntary Pain

Please can someone tell me the good aspect of going to the gym. I have booked a few free passes to gyms around my area (I'm trying to see which one I like the best, so I can join a gym). Yesterday was the first time I've been to a gym in several years. There was a 'Legs, tums and bums' class starting just after I arrived. Never having been to a class, I thought I'd check it out. Let me tell you my legs tum and bum felt the 'burn' last night, and my arms. Today, my legs tum and arms are still feeling said burn. Why pray tell do we feel the need to cause ourselves this pain. Why oh why.
Apparently a gluten for punishment, I have booked another trial at a different gym today. [Groan]

While looking for a picture to go with this post, I discovered:

Coffee may help relieve gym pain
Drinking coffee could help reduce the post-workout pain that puts many people off exercise, a small study suggests. The study found moderate doses of caffeine, roughly equivalent to two cups of coffee, can cut muscle pain by up to 48%....

0 comments: