Monday 19 November 2007

"Rice-cream" in London

I was meant to go to see a TV show recording on Saturday with some friends that I work with. After 1 3/4 hours after standing in the COLD and the rain, we were turned away as they give out more tickets than they have seats. BUMMER! Amy Becky, Lydia and I decided to get a bit to eat as we warmed up. We ended up at Chez Gerard, quite a nice French Restaurant. I forgot to take a picture of us girls, but...



here's a picture of Lydia

As I was finishing my meal, Andrew called. He and his mother, June, drove to London to see a Handel concert. Apparently is was fantastic. As I walked to meet them, I walked past

The London Eye.... and Big Ben (amongst other touristy sights)
Okay, so living in London does have some perks :)

Andrew and June were hungry so we went for food. Since I'd just eaten , I opted to have dessert. I ordered some sorbet and there was a few bits of rice in the middle of one of the scoops. As I enquired if the rice was meant to be there, Andrew comments on me having "rice-cream" - isn't he a funny one :P

It was quite late by this time and Andrew and June had quite a long journey back home, but before we parted, I had to get a picture!

Such happy people

June hadn't been to London in over 40 years. Apparently see is quite fascinated by a building called "the gherkin" so we walked along the river Thames so she could see it (and, yes, have her picture taken with it)

June is standing between The Gherkin and St Paul's Cathedral

1 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Wow, I'm a little jealous. I'd love to be in London. You can do all sorts of great cultural things!