Monday 10 December 2007

too busy to post - who'd have thunk it!


Last Monday I had a hospital appointment in the city. I went to buy my train ticket and realised I didn't have enough cash with me. I was horrified - I needed to get the train or I'd miss my appointment. So I bought a single. I will try to make it a short story, but more details would make it more suspenseful. I was worried I might be trapped int he city - no way home. You see my mother (in Texas) has my bank card to pay my credit card bill in the States, so I have to go to the bank to get cash in person, and have to pay for everything in cash. The banks were closed after my appointment, so couldn't go to bank. Luckily I've just changed my surname on my bank card and had the new one with me - and it worked! How happy was I. How relieved was I! God sure was looking out for me!
I decided to go grocery shopping when I got back to the train station and cleaned out my car after that. My car was in SERIOUS need of a clean. There were 3 bin bags and 2 boxes full of stuff I needed to give to the charity shop (mostly clothes). This stuff has pretty much been in my car since I moved to London - it's that bad!
When I got home, my flatmate was on her way out - moving out. So now, I'm all alone in my flat. Helen's stay in the fault was short lived, but she was a great housemate. It'll be some job to replace her! There are some good bits about living alone (like not worrying about cleaning up after yourself) and some not good points (like having to wake yourself up in the morning cause your lovely flatmate's no longer knocking on your door in the morning to tell you it's time to get up.)

Tuesday some friends and I went to see a recording of The Graham Norton show. For those regular blog readers you might remember I went in October to see a show as well. I was irritated by the place they sat us last time I emailed in a whinging letter (I tried to put a bit of humour amongst my whinging); within 15 minutes of emailing a lovely guy called me back and arranged for more tickets. This time he reserved seats for me. They were awesome seats! We were 2 rows back from everything with a good view. The guests were Nigela Lawson, Marilyn Manson and the musical guest was Rihanna. I wasn't too impressed by the guests, but to my shock I found Marilyn Manson hilarious! He was very crass and crude, but I was in stitches! My mother wouldn't have approved at all, but she wasn't there :-) When I saw the show on tele last night it wasn't as funny - they cut quite a bit of the crudeness out. At one point in the show, they panned out to the guy next to me and you could see my profile making a horrible disgusted face - way to use my 15 minutes of fame, right? Wednesday must have been a pretty mundane day, can't remember what I did Wednesday night after work.

I've been walking all over London recently, and my feet aren't liking the shoes I'm choosing!I can find my camera connection to the computer to download my pictures from Thursday onwards, so I'll have to leave you in suspense about my weekend. I'll just say that I'm still recovering from my weekend....or is it that I am still feeling the effects of my weekend?

0 comments: