Sunday 10 February 2008

Another weekend in the city

Fridays after the school bell goes, it's often hard to be motivated to work. Such was the case this Friday. A few congergated in my office for a chat...
(This is CSI and EWA)
and even a bit of a nap

We finally gathered ourselves and decided we'd just go into work on Saturday morning so that we could get out to the "local"
CSI at the local
Saturday there were people that went in, but alas, I didn't make it out of my bed early enough to go into work - d'oh! I did however meet up with some friend / work colleagues for Wataingi Day.
It was extremely crowded in the city because of Waitangi Day
When I called to find out where they were, KWS said, "I'm under Winston Churchhill". Not a statement thought she'd ever use :-)
KWS & KPR under Churchhill There were several people being stupid, several climbing up statues for a laugh. In fact just before I took the above picture of KWS & KPR, there were 2 blokes on top of it.

But this one bloke takes the cake of stupid things to do.

Look closer! He climbed up a lamp post!

The sun went in and so did we.

KWS, KPR and myself (KWS didn't want to be in the middle)
More photos - this time with Ant, EWA & me
Aren't you jealous of all the love he's getting?!
EWA and I ended up leaving the "gang" and headed out in search of food. We ended up at The Texas Embassy. I think I'm begining to like that place - in spite of it's touristy clientelle

Now I'm off to go back into the city to see Afrika Afrika. I am begining to like the vast aray of things you can do and see in London.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean!

Lots to do and see for sure.

Mom