Thursday 7 February 2008

It's great to make yourself laugh!

This is my sister at Christmas with her new phone



I called my sister today to make sure her family was ok (I heard this morning there was some bad weather and tornados in Arkansas – the states where she lives.) I waited till this afternoon to call so I didn’t wake her up, but left it a bit late and she was at work. She answered very quietly and said she was at work. This made me feel “more bad” (I’m sure it’s not a good work practice to have personal calls while at work especially as she’s just gone back to work after being off work for 3 months maternity leave). She then proceeded to tell me that while sitting at work her phone starts screaming “It’s my seester, it’s my seester, it’s my seester”. I couldn’t help but break out into a hearty laugh.
While I was in the States for Christmas I drove to Arkansas (5ish hour car journey) from Texas with my sister. She had gotten a new phone for Christmas and I was playing with it. I recorded me saying “It’s my seester” and set this as a ring tone for my number. I had forgotten all about this when I rang.
I vaguely remember telling Cheryl that it would be an annoying ring tone. She replied something to the effect of, “nah, you usually text you don’t ring me.” This is very true.

Oh how I love the things I do!

(I also took a self portrait and made it the desktop on my mother’s phone. She’s not technical enough to figure out how to change it … I wonder if she got someone to change it for her or if she’s greeted by my cheesey smile every time she opens her phone. )

-------------------------------------

The story continued after I posted this. I picked up my phone this evening to send my sister a text to tell her to read my blog, but I thought I'd call her since she'd be home from work. So I go tmy house phone and dialed her number. I was greeted by "why are you calling again" ... "cause I wanted to let you know to look at my blog... uh oh, you're still at work - I miscalculated the times! opps!" I say. "Yes," says she "I was greeted by 'It's my seester' again."

Clever me! I not only programmed my mobile phone number but my house number as well. I rock!! [laugh]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only am I greeted by the "It's my Seester!" ringtone, but I get to see your cheesy picture pop up, as well!!!

karen said...

I forgot about that! I am clever!!!

Anonymous said...

This must be the Evil Karen that I know nothing about!! The Sweet Karen that I know would never do such a thing!!! (I will make sure you do not get hold of my phone next time you are in Texas!!)
Love ya,
Sherry/YaYa

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the wax job...you appear to be much "lighter" now! (Less hair). Looks good. I didn't know one could get one's legs waxed (I'm quite naive). I may sign up for that--I am so unhairy that I wear long skirts or pants all winter and don't shave, then I have to ASK Tanya if I need to shave yet! In warm weather, I shave about once every six weeks. Too much information, right? But probably one waxing would do me!! ha
Sherry/YaYa

karen said...

you're my kinda woman - i hate shaving! I usually go the winter with hairy legs.