Tuesday 19 February 2008

Valentine's "Singletons" Night

(click to enlarge)
The "singletons": Kelli, Mollen, Emma, Christian, Anita, Glen, Nick, and Kate
Nick stealing food from Kate; Anita swapping food from Christian
Kelli and I; Kate and Kelli
Nick playing "Mac-Daddy" with some strangers; the London eye (view from train on the way home - look closely at the window reflection and you can see me taking the picture)


I joined a group of relationship-less people to have a fun singles night out. We went for a very nice (and relatively cheap) meal out (great find Anita) and then a few of us headed to an American-style bar for a bit of cheesey music and a dance. Fun fun night!!!

***********updated**************

I forgot to mention one of the "moments" of the night. I ordered a diet coke with a slice of lime (I find the lime takes the "icky" diet flavour out of the coke"). It came back with the smallest sliver of lime in it:

Keeping on the drinks theme, I tried to order the drink "sex on the beach" but it wasn't on the menu. Instead of asking if the bar tender could make me one, I said "Can you do sex ...." and then just put my head in my hands. Why on earth did they name the drink that. Oh such fun embarrassing yourself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed seeing the London Eye lit up!

What a fun evening.

Love you,
Mom