Sunday 2 March 2008

Happy Mothering Sunday Mum!

I wanted to wish my mother a happy Mothering Sunday today. Each year I send my mother flowers on Mothering Sunday (Mother's day in England) because I think it's more of a surprise than sending something on Mother's Day in America (which is in May). That's my theory anyway.

This year I had 27 tulips sent to Mom with a note attached saying:
A tulip for each year that I've been blessed by being your daughter.

I can't possibly tell you how true that is! I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, and the older I get the more I realise how truly blessed I am by having my mom. She is a wonderful mother, faithful Christian and a great example for me. I can't think of a better compliment than someone saying "You remind me of your mother."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KAREN!

You are embarrassing me!

I mean that was a sweet loving gesture, and I appreciate your generosity and kindness, but....on your blog?

Sigh.

I love you too,
Mom

karen said...

I wanted people to know how much you mean to me! Everyone should have a mom like you :-)