Wednesday 30 April 2008

Death to speed humps!

30 speed humps. That's the minimum amount of speed humps / bumps I go over every day. It's a 3 mile round trip to work and home, and along the way I pass 30 speed bumps! If I take a detour because of traffic, add another 8 onto that. Going to the grocery store, add 7 more. It's ridiculous!!!

My rant is very justified I think, not only are those things flipping annoying, but they've also caused / contributed to the recent problems with my car. I had a big bill to pay last month (I talked a lot on the phone when I was in America ... sheesh, I've learned my lesson there!) so I didn't have the money after paying the bill and going to Oslo to face the astronomic cost of the car garage. I was too scared to even see how much it would cost to fix. Pay day has come, and Roxy went into the shop. I was told a week or so ago that my back brake lights were also gone. My goodness, can anything else go wrong with my car - flat tire, break lights out, the suspension is on it's way out, no "get up and go "ie no power".

The good news is that Roxy is all better. The better news is that the brake lights had caused the loss of power and it only cost me £54 to fix. Don't get me wrong, £54 is a lot of money. And it's a HUGE amount of money to replace brake lights! But I prefer to think of it positively - I thought it was going to cost me hundreds of pounds to get fixed, I can cope with £54! Yea - I have a working car again!!! (Apparently when the brake lights went, the car computer told itself that there was a problem with the brakes and put it in "get home mode" - ie not much power.)


The irritating news: all these problems - brake lights and subsequent loss of power, suspension, the lot ... all contributed to and sped up by the vast amount of bloody speed bumps!!!

0 comments: