Thursday 24 April 2008

Happy St Georges Day (a day late)

Ireland has Saint Patrick's Day, America has Independence Day, England has Saint George's Day. Yesterday was St George's day here in England. Because today wasn't a "normal" day at work (see below) a couple of people from work headed to the local after work. After a few rounds, we migrated to a pub that was showing the football so the guys could enjoy. I took a colleague home around 9 and then headed home.

Lindsay and her boyfriend, Adam, were out watching the football (near home) so I went and had one with them. Adam came back with a round of drinks and some hats. Oh the fun.

You knew I was a jester at heart!
Lindsay and I. Just a couple of goof balls!We crack each other up!
Notice I'm wearing England's flag colours of red and white in the above pictures!


Today at the NUT (National Union of Teachers) was on strike because of pay. Around 20 of our school's 70 teachers are part of this union, so school was closed to pupils. The rest of us were at work as normal. Well normal without students - which is always a plus!

Around lunch time, I thought of my childhood in Texas as a good thunderstorm came through - complete with hail! Once again I got pelted with hail for a picture to post on my blog. Hail is hard to capture on film!

If you really want to know what St George's Day is all about (other than an excuse for the English to go down to the pub) click this link.

A disclaimer (for my parents): I was driving last night and completely sober, just for the record.

0 comments: