Monday 2 June 2008

I'm home

I got home safely. I had a lay over in Chicago for several hours and the plane was over booked. They asked for volunteers to take a later flight. Just as I had decided I would (as the compensation would have been a free flight to the back to the States) they told me they didn't need me anymore. I guess God knew I needed to get home and rested for work today. I've decided I don't "do flying" very well. I fell ill every time I land, I don't think I "depressurise" very well. I left Tyler (and my mom) around 11am Texas time (6pm London time) on Saturday. I made a quick trip to meet Kanyon in Dallas and then on to the airport. (Can I just say that I have no problems with coping with London traffic, but Dallas traffic I HATE! It wasn't even rush hour.) No problems getting checked in or with any of the flights. I got the window and aisle seat all to myself going from Dallas to Chicago, but the plane from Chicago to London had every seat full. Chicago to London was the first plane trip where I've been cold in the plane - that was new. Landed in London and was thankful I had a taxi booked - I was tired and not feeling well. Got home, had a nap for a couple hours (interrupted by a brief call from my mother). I went back to bed at midnight and haven't really dealt with jet lag yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just anticipating the sleep deprivation hitting me soon like a brick wall.

I tried to post this picture in one of my posts from America, but it didn't work. This is me "blogging" in America on Thursday. Notice the overly cheesy smile - what's up with that?!

Today's been back at work as normal - hitting the ground running with not enough time in the day to get it all done. On the positive, I've had SO many people compliment the way I looked. Something was different and no one knew what. I've not lost weight, I've not had my hair done, I've not put make up on, nothing's different but I still got lots of "you're looking good today Karen" compliments. I think I figured out what was different - I'm not as stressed as I was a week ago. This trip to the States id me more good than I knew. I also needed a break more than I realised!It was good to see my family and spend time lovin on them, and it was sad to leave them. But it's SO good to be home and sleeping in my own bed!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your post today.

My emails keep getting returned???

I mailed your items during lunch today (except Tesca's). Did you mail me anything yet? hint hint

Hope you are able to catch up on sleep! Talk to you later.

Love you,
Mom