Tuesday 17 June 2008

Super Karen Returns!



Do blog entry titles such as
or Timetabling
ring any bells? Does it give you a deja vous moment? Well if not, click on the links above and reminisce back a year.

This year I started timetabling very very late. 1 month late to be exact. Timetabling season is my busiest time at work. I have no social life - I live, eat and breathe the timetable until it's done.

On top of starting the timetable late this year, the head decided to give me another very busy job to do because someone left. If you have thought to yourself lately, "Karen seems very stressed / unhappy / not her normal cheery self recently" work is why. I work. That's it. I get up in the morning and come to work. I'm here most days until the premises staff kick me out. Then I go home and work. I work. No social life. No fun. Just work. And stress. I don't even have time to update my blog! That's just wrong.

I reached my breaking point on Friday and instead of going home to work, I called a friend and said "I need a friend". Thanks H for being a good friend. Saturday I woke up and started timetabling. I ended up timetabling through the night - till 7:30am Sunday morning. Crazy, I realise, but I did it. I woke up 5 hours later and timetabled till 1:30am Monday morning. I got very little sleep this weekend, but I was feeling quite impressed with myself yesterday and today at the progress I'd made over the weekend. Super Karen had returned. I rock!!!!

PS I realised a fatal flaw in my efforts and have had to back track quite considerably. I've very irritated with myself for this. My deadline's not till Friday - I can make it ... right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

less haste ~ more speed

Anonymous said...

The above anonymous was not me. I welcome Super Karen back...and hope Super Karen meets her deadline Friday! Then I hope Super Karen will take time to be kind to herself and REST from her labors! Do take care of yourself, SK, who else writes such a great blog?? (Oh the fun!) Love you, Sherry/YaYa

karen said...

SK? What/who is SK?

Rachel said...

So... does Super-Karen get paid overtime for all this extra work? Just wondering. It sounds inhumane.

karen said...

no over-time for super Karen nor regular ole plain Karen. It is inhumane. Animals have better work regulations :-( Woe is me