Monday 13 October 2008

Happy Thanksgiving?

One of our supply teachers (substitute teacher) is Canadian, and today is Canadian Thanksgiving. I only met Alison a little over a week ago, but she's lovely and very very new to London. She came to London around a month ago and had no plans to cook turkey to celebrate Thanksgiving. This is not acceptable says me, we must find turkey. Turkey dinners aren't readily served this time of year in London, so I offered to cook at my flat. I am so glad Alison accepted the offer. I had a fantastic time getting to know her better, and really enjoyed celebrating Thanksgiving with her.

Alison with her super yummy turkey dinner
Attempt 3 of a self portrait with the turkey dinner, it just wasn't meant to be. Most of our faces are in it and you can kind of see Alison's dinner!
Shortly after Alison and I sat down to eat Clare and Kate got home to enjoy the leftovers.
Kate, Clare & Alison


"Don't take that, I'm warning you"
Alison and Clare


Kate hiding from the camera.
Kate just "moved in" yesterday, she's moving to Amsterdam in 2 weeks and had given up her flat, so I offered my futon bed in the lounge to her in the interim.

After Thanksgiving meal, Clare had the wonderful idea of playing a game. Fun was had, especially by me - I won! (I'm such a sore looser!)

After the game, I walked Alison to the bus stop, Kate and Clare headed to the grocery store, and I....

...I had to clean this disaster up
including the first attempt at carrots, that I burnt. I never burn my food, but this is the 3rd time I've burnt carrots - what's up with that?!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving all!

1 comments:

martha crockett said...

If you can get home from work, and cook a turkey and all the trimmings in time for supper, I need to know how! Must say, I'm impressed. Had no idea you were such a pro in the kitchen. Guess I can find out your secrets this week end. Yippeeeee!!
(BTW, love ALISON's name)!