Saturday 20 December 2008

The all important work Christmas Soirée

Thursday after the panto I had a made mad dash to a shopping centre to find something to wear. Yes, yes I know - why couldn't I have just worn something in my closet. I would have, but the only thing that I thought I could wear, I wore last year to the Christmas partee' ... and plus I kind of fancied wearing a dress. (I don't wear dresses - I've worn one in the last 7 years!) Dress found, new shoes also bought (both on sale) I started the 45 minute search for my car. Most people have had some experience of parking the car in a massive car park and not remembering where they parked. This wasn't one of these moments. I couldn't find the way to the car park. Only me. Only I could pull off such an incredibly stupid adventure such as loosing a multi-story car park that is attached to the shopping centre I was in! I even asked for directions - twice! And still couldn't find it! Flustered and running late I found the car park, my car and headed home. Somehow I managed to make it out of the house and into the city for the party on time. Amazing really. Especially when I think of the afternoon I had!

Not a lot of pictures were taken (how rubbish am I?!) but here's what I ended up with.

Party was at a very nice hotel in the city. Someone had my camera and this picture was taken of the table.

Jess & I

Another blurry photo (and a very wide-eyed and scary looking me)
Me, Tesca & Jess

The dance floor at the end of the night

And the disco ended with Rob, Ken and Tyrone serenading us.

The dinner and disco over, the new day begun (it was just past midnight) we decided to go for more dancing at a club where Matt joined in on the fun (said club was where my coat got stolen last year after the Christmas party - grrr!). My feet weren't working very well by this point (why is it that women buy and wear shoes that are designed to look pretty on a shelf and never meant to be worn!) and I ended up spending most of time at the club off my feet and chatting. I did brave the dance floor for a couple minutes before I had to sit before I fell (this was very annoying for me - I love to dance!) My tired and painful feel finally made it home around 3 in the morning. Luckily I got to sleep in on Friday and spend the day lazing around the flat. Very thankful for comfortable warm beds!
I managed to make it through the whole evening without getting a picture of my outfit - not usually something I do, but I was wearing a dress! This is an occasion that should have been documented, so I could prove that I did wear a dress. As I was getting ready, I had a few different options of shoes and dresses so I took a photos and emailed to to Clare (ex-flatmate, friend, and fashion goo-roo) for her advise.
Not the best looking photo of me, but here's the dress .. and the shoes that could have been used as murder weapons as they are so high!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this, your Dolly Parton impression. As your mother I don't think you should have left the house in that dress. Mmm mmm mmm. Heck, I wouldn't have approved if I was there when you bought this dress, little miss I'm grown and on my own!

martha crockett said...

Just in case Jean reads the comments left by others--You brought a big laugh from Paris, TX! I love your reprimanding your daughter via her blog. Too funny.
BTW, I have a "grown and on her own", too, so I feel your pain.

karen said...

Hey now girls! I looked really good in that dress and got lots of compliments. You are a tough southern crowd!