Wednesday 28 January 2009

Happy Birthday Weekend

No, no not this past weekend, the weekend before that (23-25 Jan) ... yes, I know my blog's way behind in being updated was the weekend for birthdays and birthday parties. Friday night was Kevin's (colleague & friend) 30th birthday party. I somehow managed no pictures, so there's no running commentary (sorry Kev!).
Saturday night was Vicki's (colleague and friend) 28th birthday, still hanging on to those 20s!!! It was a great night.

The birthday girl herself, for some reason Vicki's parties always end up with people drawing on each others faces. This face painting was my present to Vicki!

Vicki's flower power face painting skills on ???? - sorry forgot his name :-S

??? drawing on Ollie (have you noticed the stakes are getting higher - small lipstick on Vicki, bigger eye liner flower on ??? and now massive cake icing drawing on Ollie - eek!)

Face painting done, we moved onto dancing which somehow led to people patting their heads and rubbing their stomachs (or trying to anyway!)
Vicki's in the background, don't know the other's names. I'm rubbish at this name game thing here!
From practicing co-ordination (see above) we went onto flexibility. I was taught (and mastered .. well kind of mastered) the lotus position
Then I asked Vicki if she was able to put her foot behind her head, she had a go. Almost!
Apparently her 6foot+ boyfriend, Will, is more flexible because he can - SHEESH!!!
This is an uncrumpled version of Will, he also got attacked with the eye-liner face painting.
And a random picture to end. This is Ben, he's a flute teacher at the school where I work.
Besides the rainy, windy, horrible weather, and the falling on my backside crushing Vicki's flowers / breaking my onyx bracelet / hurting my wrist and dvds from the shelves falling on my head and breaking an umbrella - it was a brilliant night. It was a brilliant night anyway ... although after all that destruction, I don't know if I'll be invited back to Vicki's flat. In my defense the falling over wasn't my fault.

Sunday I went to see Australia with Matt. I was meant to meet him at Angel tube station at 6pm. I decided to drive up to the city and tube it across the city. After an hour of bad Sunday afternoon traffic (who's ever heard of bad Sunday afternoon traffic!!) and road works, I trekked across London on the tubes, only a few minutes late ... until I got off the tube at the wrong station!!! I showed up at 6:30. Matt's seriously gonna hurt me one of these days for being so late. No matter how much time I give myself, I'm always late when I meet him. Sigh.

0 comments: