Wednesday 14 January 2009

Happy Monday?

The oddest thing happened to me when I woke up Monday morning. I have to give you a bit of background before I tell you about what actually happened though.
I hate waking up. It's not that I'm "not a morning person", I just hate waking up, having to get out of my warm, comfortable bed and switch my brain on and start functioning. Whether it's 6:30am, 10am or 7pm - I just hate it. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that I do wake up - I like being alive and not in a coma ... I just don't like the waking up part of it. My face gives me away in the morning - I have an extremely scary morning Karen look. For those of you that have seen it, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who haven't seen it, be thankful. To sum up, morning Karen = very scary Karen.
Back to Monday. Monday I woke up with a smile on my face*. A smile! On my face! When woke up! That never happens! And it wasn't just any day - it was a Monday, the start to a full, busy and stressful week. AND it was more than a smile - I was in a good mood. A good mood! On a Monday morning! And, AND it doesn't end there - I was in a good mood all day. (The fact that I worked till 7:30 didn't even seem to dampen my mood.) For no reason, other than I woke up with a smile on my face and I was happy. Very peculiar!

But never fret. Tuesday it was back to scary morning Karen!

*For those of you wondering: No, I hadn't just had a really good dream (to my knowledge anyway). And for those of you with a less than pure mind, the answer to that is no as well!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here shaking my head back and forth with a grin, tsk tsk. So glad to hear you had an unusually pleasant Monday!