Friday 22 May 2009

An office with a view

The Art department needed some (fairly important) data from me but I had no time to do it. In the same conversation in which I was asked for the data there was discussion about my new of ice (aka the old broom cupboard) and the lack of a window in my office. I was told I should see the head teacher and get it sorted - I deserved a window. The next day the Art department asked if I had received my window yet - I replied (in jest) that they'd get their data when I got my window. So....

they sorted out a window for me!

I love it! Maggie (the art teacher that did this for me) accidentally mounted the picture upside down. We decided that it just adds character to the picture :-)

I got my picture at 2pm on Wednesday. The Art department got their data by the end of school at 3:30.


I also got my name plate put on my new door.

In case you're curious about the small 'g' instead of a capital letter: the answer is that I'm resourceful. I changed my name mid-school year (December 2007) from Aldridge to Gilbert and they order the name signs only in groups when new teachers start (usually in September). So I was out of luck. I had a paper sign up for a while but that got tacky very quickly. SO one day I decided to rearrange the letters from Aldridge to make gilbert. What a clever clogs I am :-)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So clever! Yea Karen!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, forgot to comment on the creative motivation from the art department. What fun people you work with! So proud you now have a "window" in your office :-)