Wednesday 27 May 2009

Some Virgina fun

Yesterday we went to an early dinner with my grandparents neighbours. It was super yummy food (of all types - southern cookin', a bit of oriental, some steak, some veggies, yummy deserts, salads, tex-mex ... too much!) and an all you can eat buffet.


Counter clockwise from left: My grandpa, grandma, Buster and Barbara
Today I went for a jog this morning - the humidity makes it harder for me to jog as long as I can in England. Either that or all this greasy American food sitting in my stomach is what makes it harder - I choose to think it's the humidity :-) And then headed into Wal-mart for my obligatory 3 hours shop. I know my mother's glad she got out of accompanying me there. She dreads taking me to Wal-mart!

On the way home I stopped by Sonic and got a pineapple milkshake (a super special treat from my childhood) as it's pretty hot here! And as it was warm I decided to check out the convertible my grandfather had loaned me...
First ever time in a convertible with the top down!

I felt well cool!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are oh so correct! I did not miss the 3 hour Wal Mart trip (or any of the other return trips to Wal Mart)! I got a big smile on my face too thinking about how much you enjoyed driving around in the Audi with the top down. So glad you are able to spend this week in Virginia with your Grandparents!