Monday 13 July 2009

Lily Allen Concert

Saturday evening after leaving Meghan, I went to meet James to go to a Lily Allen concert for his birthday - too many birthdays to keep up with :-)
With the help of James's umbrella we were relatively dry at this stage. Just queueing to get into Somerset House* for the concert

Inside the venue, listening to Just Jack the supporting act

With Lily Allen coming out, so did the rain

But James brought me a coat so I was somewhat sheltered....but after 2 hours of rain, at the end I did look something like a drowned rat!

It was an "all standing" venue and we were only 3 people deep, so we had a pretty good view!
We spent several hours on our feet, but it was a great concert. I'm glad I got to go!! As I was just about home (11:40pm) I get a call from Mom on her mobile phone saying "can't talk, I'm calling from my cell phone, call your grandfather." My heart went into panic mode - why do I need to call him at this hour? what's happened? what bad news is he going to tell me? Filled to the brim with fear, I rang. His Sykpe account wasn't working. I could have strangled my mother for panicking me so!!!


*For those of you that have seen the movie The Young Victoria, the majority of the movie was filmed at Somerset House. (obviously without the temporary Lily Allen stage in the middle of the set :-)

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: