Monday 13 July 2009

Sister Act

Saturday I went to see Sister Act with Meghan for her birthday.
I was out Saturday morning and had failed to bring appropriate shoes as it'd started to rain and I was in sandals. Knowing that I was meeting Meghan later, I called and asked her to bring me some shoes. Sorted, all was right with the world ... so I thought.
I had also failed to grab my belt and raincoat from the car when I parked it as I was in a rush to meet the bus Meghan was on. So I meet Meghan on the bus, James was with me and he took the shoes I was in and the bag of the shoes Meghan had brought for me so I didn't have to carry them around, and sat down to put my shoes on only to realise that the socks were in the bag I gave James. D'oh!!!
So before the show I went into a shop to find a belt and some socks. It wasn't raining any longer so I resisted buying an umbrella.

Putting on my new socks outside the Palladium (Theatre where Sister Act is playing)
Meghan and I met 2 of her friends in the city, Kirsty & Crystal but I failed to get a picture of the four of us - grr! Meghan had arranged the tickets: way back in November she booked our tickets, then a month or so ago Kirsty was joining us and the seat next to us was free so that was booked, then a couple days ago Crystal was to join us and again the seat next to us was available so four tickets were purchased. Or so we thought. There was apparently some mix up and only 3 seats were booked...to cut a long story short, the show was about to begin and they found four seats together and plonked us there. We were a bit disappointed as the view was quite restricted, but we lived and still enjoyed ourselves!
The show was better than I expected (they weren't able to use any of the songs from the movie, so I was expecting it to be a bit rubbish if I'm honest!) and it was a fun afternoon. I had to rush off to go to a concert that evening and left the three of them. I heard that they were still able to have some fun in my absence though.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was happy to hear about you attending the SISTER ACT performance and enjoying yourself in spite of the sorted "obstacles".