Wednesday 8 July 2009

Madonna Concert

July 4th

So most of my time the last month has been spent working (more precisely timetabling), my weekends are no exception. I get up in the morning and go to work, stay late at work and come home and do more work. The same is true of my weekends ... I just work in my pjs instead of going into work :-)

This past weekend James came to make sure I looked after myself. He came over Friday night and made me dinner (while I worked). He came back Saturday morning with breakfast and lunch which he prepared for me as I worked. I worked some more and then James and I went to a Madonna concert. How lucky am I to be able to go to a concert of "the queen of pop"?!!

It was a slight nuisance to get to and from the concert as the tube was closed but because James is super organised he'd already made alternative arrangements and the travel was absolutely fine. Madonna was an hour late coming out on stage (apparently the temperature wasn't to the madam's liking so says the press) but the concert was wonderful. A really neat experience. I think I've even managed to get my hearing back now :-)

James and I before the concert







Madonna also paid tribute to Micheal Jackson by having a Micheal Jackson look a like on the stage at one point while his picture was beamed through the arena.
There was a mix-up when James booked the tickets which meant we were sitting in the disabled section. This was a bit odd and I felt uncomfortable using a seat for wheelchairs, but looking on the bright side - they were good seats and we had plenty of leg room.

Though, sadly, she did not make mention of it being the 4th of July or pay homage to her homeland. That was a bit of a disappointment. But I shall lodge no complaints as I enjoyed my evening!

Sunday after church I was straight back to working on the timetable after my evening and morning off. I finally stopped working on the timetable around 1am when I collapsed in bed.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting concert post! Lucky girl, James seems to be there for you frequently, or is just week ends? I was thinking from a past conversation that James traveled a lot over seeing product set ups at special venues (or something like that).