Monday 12 October 2009

Bringing a boy "home"

I've never really taken a man home to meet the family. I know it sounds odd but it's true.


11 September

James and I headed up to Derby (very much my second home) for the weekend. I'd say we were both pretty nervous - he meeting my "family" and me introducing him to everyone I call family up there.


This is actually taken after Sunday lunch


Friday night I took James to the restaurant in Castle Donnington that I worked at for years. Love that food! Then we headed to John and Patty's for the weekend.

Saturday I had my haircut (as per my typical routine when I go to Derby for the weekend). Like a trooper James waited in reception reading the Saturday papers (he's a big fan of reading the weekend newspapers).

A bit shorter than I'd planned - oops!

Then we met up with Patty & John, Susan, Ashley and their new addition Amilee for lunch. After lunch we headed across town to say hello to Ken. Saturday night we met up with some friends of mine (and former colleagues) for dinner before heading to a performance by a flying bands (very intriguing) int he city centre.

Sunday morning was church and then back to John and Patty's for lunch with Patty & John, Susan, Ashley and Amilee, Ken and John's mum, Joyce before heading back to London.

Think we did a lot, maybe met too many people? In hindsight so do I. I must say that James was a real trooper meeting so many people in different settings in such a short space of time. Hopefully it'll all be a bit easier next time for him now that he's met everyone :-)

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Karen (short hair and all)! You're so photogenic! I'm seeing a relationship growing deeper, learning and sharing more about each other and the important people in your lives.

love you, Mom