Saturday 22 May 2010

A 10.5 mile "leg stretch"

Some of you know I'm doing a hike up 2 mountains in a couple of weeks to raise money for charity. (a 7.5 mile hike up Snowdon on Saturday and a steeper 5.5 mile hike up one of Snowdon's neighbours on Sunday.). Today I met the group I'm going with for a practice walk. Andy, who hill walks as a regular leisure activity, kept referring to this as a leg stech - my legs are well and truly streched thank you! I must admit it wasn't a hard walk today, although there were a few steep bits to get up that took my breath away. Ift weren't for trying to break in a new pair of hiking shoes (I've actually had the for 3 years, just never worn them) I think I would have been fine. As is I came home with a slightly sore bum from the steep bits and 2 blisters. It was a beautiful day for a hill walk around the coast though!!!

View in front of me still to walk, about an hour in.




View behind me that we'd already done.




Andy and Sean looking over the cliff edge. Apparently it was scarier on your belly but I thought it was far more daunting standing up, looking over the edge.




A light house we walked pass





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!Fabulous pictures! What a wonderful experience, you go girl! Great way to enjoy being outdoors in such lovely weather. Though hiking and blisters...not a good combination, ouch. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

TOO CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!! TOO CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!! LISTEN TO YOUR YAYA!!!