Wednesday 21 July 2010

RIP my twenties!

That's right, I have officially entered the next decade of my life ... my 30s. It's odd - when I was entering the last decade of my life (eg when I was turning 20) I was engaged to be married and had my life all planned out, now I'm entering my 30s single with no idea what tomorrow will bring let alone having my "life planned"! How life changes in a decade!!!


Apparently life doesn't start until my 30s,
My 30s are for rectifying the mistakes of my 30s,
and although growing older is inevitable, growing up is optional (we all know I'll opt out of that for many more years to come!!)
...all great stuff I've been told today!


I went out (on a "school night" - I must be made) with a few friends.... it turned out to be great night out! A great start to my thirties! Thanks all who made it out tonight, you helped make the start of my 30s brilliant!



Claude and Hayley



Claude and Mary H




Lindsay being a bit silly! Love her!!




Hayley, Lindsay and I



Lots of people came and went but I was too busy talking (surprise surprise) to remember to take pictures!

....This is the end of the eveing hard core people left (and late comers :-)


Neighbour Alex pulling a fantastic face, me and Lindsay



Andrew (Hayley's other half), Adam, neighbours mark, Neil, and Alex, me and Hayley



Same group, but Adam's taking picture instead of Lindsay this time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! The 30s...ahhhh, I remember those!! (Dimly, of course!) Enjoy!
Love you,
Sherry/YaYa

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post about turning 30, but Karen, you need to go back and proof read it. You're either over -the-hill now, or got a type-o or two!

Love, Mom