Wednesday 15 December 2010

Christmas tree trimming

It's been my tradition since arriving in England to get a tree and put it up the weekend of Thanksgiving, and I've always managed to. Some years I just buy the tree and it gets put in the stand for days or sometimes a week or so before it's decorated but I always get my tree up Thanksgiving weekend. With the exception of the year I came to England (1999) and 2004 (when I was away for 1/2 of December) I've always (even as a child) had a real Christmas tree. So this year didn't quite go to tradition. As I only got back from a visit to the States the second week of December, my tree was late going up. And since I'm broke and I was late, the fake tree of 1999 (I keep everything!) came out of storage this year.











Andrea putting up the lights




This picture is for my seester ... recognise the ornament I'm putting up? (It's a Sister ornament you gave me in 2002.)












The tree angel was a bit to big for this 3 footer, so she's sitting on the table, but all in all I think it's a might fine tree.













Our flat, in Christmas glory (take note of the ornaments recorded...)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!! Looks like you are more ready than I...I've been at the rehab/nursing home with my mother (She fell on 12/4, broke her back.) No Christmas shopping done, no cooking, nothing! Sorry, kids! However, I do now have Memory Mints to help me remember the things I have forgotten. Thanks, Karen. Your YaYa really needs that!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post and home video with festive Christmas decorations, so many memories. Thanks for sharing.

Love you,
Mom