Sunday 5 June 2011

Ice Skating

In January I took up ice skating - I never pick a "safe" hobby like swimming? Safety aside, I have now learned how to skate backwards, do a 2 footed spin and I can do a two footed turn ... none of them very well, but I can do them.




This is Cameron ... a fearless dare devil on the ice. As bad of an influence as he is a good one on the ice!



This is right before the first picture (just after I nearly fell on my rear and took Cameron down with me)


Clare was with me at the start of my ice skating on that fateful evening in January. She's back for a brief visit and I coerced her to join me on the ice.






In January Clare wouldn't take her hand off the rail and she was "walking" on the ice and now she's off the rails, gliding - so much improvement. Well done Clare!!
















On his second pass, Cameron does a circle, which I am attempting, but too scared to do without assistance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very entertaining, almost felt like I was there visiting. Thanks for the blog post ice skating.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Impressive, Karen! I tried ice skating about a year ago (first time since high school), made it around the rink once & my shins hurt so bad, I haven't gone back since!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Loved the flat (or small apartment, as we say in the States). Nice tour.

Ice-skating will help strengthen your legs and body. Keep it up.

Dad