Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas with my grandparetns


Today was a quiet start to Christmas - no small children anxiously waking the adults to let them know Santa had been. I cooked sausage biscuits for my grandfather (something I was looking forward to as I can't get them in England, but the biscuits were a bit doughy and over done - rats!)


After breakfast my grandfather headed back to bed (I think he's stolen the cold I'm trying to get over) and I put the turkey in the oven. About an hour before the turkey was done I took it out to remove the foil so the skin would crisp up. Unfortunately I also managed to spill turkey juice all over the kitchen floor.




So I mopped the floor before I got in trouble :-)









Papa snapping the green beans









...while Nana did her nails :-)









Nana got tired of pictures (while I peeled sweet potatoes in the background)









Nana juggling the green beans, potatoes and gravy






Beautiful turkey!









Who said carving was man's work






I was trying to get Papa to smile for a picture - he showed me his dinner instead






empty plates, full tummies









After dinner, me and my grandparents









Opening presents









Papa with Whitman's chocolate assortment - apparently these remind him of his childhood









Papa mentioned earlier this week that Nana needed some kind of buzzer to let him know she'd heard him. SO I got the closest thing I could find - a very loud bike horn :-) It amused her greatly









Papa with pictures of his great granddaughter









Cheryl got me earrings. Papa got a very scary smile from me









...and he had a few issues with the camera. I thought this was a fun shot :-)









My favourite Girl Scout cookies from my parents









Nana cleaned the kitchen, Papa went to take a nap, and I was left alone with a camera and Christmas decorations - what's a girl to do?




















Posted by Picasa

0 comments: