Friday 6 July 2007

0 to go .. but so much work to do


The simple explanation is that I did something I know better than, the longer explanation includes me placing blame on the software company for allowing me to do it.
In timetabling you take a little bit of data out of one programme (Admin) and work on it in another software programme (scheduler) and then put it back (in Admin) - and like magic you have a pretty timetable (kind of like if you took something out of Word and worked on it in Excel - then you have to put it back in Word for the finished product). Well I took the data out
of Admin and worked on it in Scheduler. Unknown to me I was using incompatible versions of the software (like if I used Word from Windows XP and Excel from Windows 2000). So now I have a complete timetable in Scheduler that I can't put in Admin. All a bit to technical still for you? Simple translation: I have a useless timetable that took me ages to do. Woe is me!

0 comments: