Monday 17 December 2007

a freezing weekend

Thursday night Mary came over for a "girly night." After a healthy dinner, we made ourselves sick on Ben & Jerry's ice cream while watching Elf
... while I watched Elf and Mary "closed her eyes for 10 minutes". Bless.
Friday I made a trip into London to see Hayley one last time before the New Year. Bit of a nightmare getting there, but it was good to see Hayley as always!

After Hayley and I parted, I went cross London to meet up with "S" & "N,"some friends who had come down from Derby to go to a party of a uni mate of S's. As good as it was to see S & N, I must admit it was kind of awkward being a friend of a friend.*

Saturday I was struggling to wake up, but I needed to get into Waterloo to meet up with Mary - we had tickets to see a live tv show with Westlife. It was another nightmare journey into London - a 30 minute trip took 1 hour 20 min - grr. I arrive at 3:30 and met Mary who was already standing in the queue, freezing. We queued in the 1 degree temperatures until 6. I was ok bar my feet; I was cold, but it was tolerable ... my feet however I could not feel ... heels not such a good idea. Mary on the other hand - I don't know how she survived, bless her. She had a dress on that only came to her knees and a thin (very very thin) little jacket / cardigan. She was such a trooper to endure it. But we got in and now it's just a distant memory. It was a great night - filled with lots of freezing memories ... including one of "whisktea" :-)

There was strickly no photos .... so I wasn't looking through the view finder as I tried to sneak a few. I managed to get all 4 of them though - amazingly!
* Oh yeah - I forgot the best bit - Some random tube worker hit on me when I was headed home. He said I made his heart beat faster cause I was that pretty. Ah! Random tube workers hitting on you - can you think of anything better? :-)

0 comments: