Tuesday 8 April 2008

Day 5 - Homeward Bound

Our flight didn't leave until after 2pm, so we had a fairly relaxed start to the day. We had to be at the bus station for around 10:30 to get the bus to the airport, so that meant we got a lie in that morning. A bit of last minute packing and cramming into the bag and we were off.

Cate walking through the train station to the bus station (she's the one with the yellow rucksack)
Cate waiting in the airport lounge for our flight.
The seats on the plane didn't recline so I leaned forward onto my pillow propped up against the seat in front of me to sleep. I had sunglasses on when I did this. Check out the lines around my eyes that I got from mashing the sun glasses in my face while I slept!
Back in Britain! Yeah! Once again there was customs and immigrations to go through and Cate and I were in different queues. This time Cate beat me through though. I was so tired and out of it when the immigration officer asked where I was coming from I said Poland! Poland?! Where did that come from. I stuttered and tried to remember where I just came from and he helped me out by telling me I was headed from Norway (there was only one flight that was through immigration when we were there). Oh dear me - where was my brain!!!
This is on the bus from the terminal to the car park. You can tell I'm getting better at self portraits - more of my face made it in this picture.
Finally back to my car and home was so close. But for you regular readers, you'll remember me slogging from my car, Roxy, that did not start once we reached the car. Click this link to remind yourself of the tragedy. I left my internal light on and the battery was obviously dead, on top of that Roxy has lost her get up and go so Cate and I had a slow and adventurous car journey back to south London.

Four hours after landing, I was finally home. Home sweet home. To my comfortable bed. Oh the beds in the hostel were SO rubbish! So so so rubbish! The third night we were there I swiped a mattress from an empty bed and having to mattresses was pretty comfortable, but how I suffered on the other nights! (See I am getting old!) Getting off that tangent and back to my comfortable bed. Do you remember the leaking roof fiasco and what my bed / bedroom looked like when I left?
Here's a picture to jog your memory

I came back to this. How wonderful!! Just what I needed - a warm dry, comfortable, clean sheeted bed. Just makes you want to sink into and exhale!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed my vicarious trip to Oslo via your pix and commentary. (I was curious about the short doors, too, because I thought Norsemen were huge guys!) Maybe the little doors let in less cold air in the winter?? Hmmm. Inquiring minds want to know.
But thank you for all the fun, and I'm glad you had a nice clean DRY bed when you got home!!
Love you,
Sherry/YaYa