Thursday 2 October 2008

Another fun-filled weekend

Friday night I was due to meet a friend in Crystal Palace (the part of London where I live) at 7 ... after leaving work late, and still trying to fit in my exercise and a bath, no surprises that I was running extremely late to meet my friend. I ended up making it to the pub about 20 minutes late, but my friend had a drink waiting for me - what a brilliant friend!!! We then went for a Thai (after being turned away from 2 places because they were fully booked - who knew Crystal Palace was so busy on a Friday?!) and then finished the night at this new cocktail bar - very swanky and plush, we like!

Didn't get home till around 1:30am and had to get up and drive to the Midlands Saturday at 8am! Oh how much I hate to get up early on a Saturday - oh how much more I hate to be woken up by an alarm on a Saturday! I did manage to drag myself out of bed and made it to Ilkeston to visit with the Bullocks (my adoptive English family) to visit and meet Josiah - the newest addition (not so new anymore, but still the newest!) to the Bullock family.

Jenny & Josiah (Mother & son) Ashley & Aaron got hold of my phone / camera while I was there and had a bit of fun. Boys will be boys!

Saturday night I meet up with a couple of friends and we ended up going out for a Chinese and then Back to Nick - stuffed and tired. S stole my phone and was playing with it, so I stole Nick's phone ... here, I'm actually trying to figure out how to get a picture of me to pop up on the phone when ever Nick looks at it. I was in a devious mood! Nick is entertaining himself with some sort of reading material here.

There was more phone fun ... Nick taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. It was a silly night, what more can I say?

Sunday morning was church, then back to the Bullocks for a yummy Sunday roast dinner. After the dishes were done, I met a friend for a quick drink before heading back to London. I did stop by Castle Donnington on my way through and had a lovely visit with a family I used to babysit for. It'd only been a year and a half since I'd last seen them, but boy how Jess had grown!!! It was a really good visit before having to sit in traffic for the next 4 hours with everyone else trying to get back into London.

0 comments: