Friday 3 October 2008

Coming to America...

I’m not a happy person in the mornings. I don’t like having to get myself out of bed. My bed is comfortable and warm and I get to be asleep and relaxed in it, so when I have to force myself into the cold air and make my body function, I’m not happy until I eventually wake up (usually by the time I get to work I’m my normal happy Karen). This morning as I was running around getting ready, running late as per my norm, the door buzzer rang. It was the postman with a package …how nice it would be if that was my passport. As it takes two – three weeks to get my passport, I knew it wouldn’t be, but I could still live in hope for the brief 20 seconds it took me to get to the main door.
Guess what the postman had brought me ….. it WAS my passport! Yippee hurrah! What a brilliant start to my day!

On the way to work I tried to sing “Coming to America” by Neil Diamond. Watch out America, you gave me my passport and I’m on my way!


Get Your Own Free Hypster.com Playlist.

1 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

what, no trip to Lubbock to see my new son? I'm disapointed, ha! Hope you have a good trip, and glad you got your passport :)