Saturday 4 October 2008

The shed disaster!

It's not good!!! I guess while the first shed "fix" was deteriorating, water was seeping in. And it was getting in (what I thought) would be water proof boxes - turns out they weren't! My wonderful Thanksgiving decorations - ruined. Destroyed. So sad. They used to be so nice. Sniff sniff.

Remember how good they looked last year ...





This is how I found them on Saturday...

Water also got into my "tub" of extra linen - a sleeping bag, wardrobe cover and a couple blankets. Wardrobe cover got thrown away. I've washed the other stuff on a pretty heavy duty wash once and it's currently washing for a second time - sheesh that stuff s.t.u.n.k!



a few of the unrecoverable linens

Some of the non-salvageable decorations

My mother brought over all of my Thanksgiving decorations when she (and my family) visited me in 2003. Some of them she bought for me, some of them were hand-me-downs, all of them were special to me because my mom brought them over for me :-(


I'm not sure if you can make these out or not. The Thanksgiving Mom came over she handwrote several place settings with bible verses and quotes on being thankful. maybe cost 50 cents, but to me (to be cliche) they were priceless. **Sigh**


more decorations ruined check out the sexy fuzz growing


Well, I've always had a hard time getting rid of stuff, I'm a hoarder like me maa - this was a good way to decide what needed to go! Still it could have been worse, the whole shed wasn't flooded, just the front right side (where the biggest part of the crack was).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. i know how it feels, I've had similar disasters. You just have to sniff-sniff and toss. Priceless things, but still, they are only things. You still have the memories of the sweet person(s) who gave them to you.
Love you,
Sherry/YaYa