Thursday 13 November 2008

A girlie night out

Two girlie nights this week, one girlie night in and one girlie night out – I am one lucky girl! Last night I met up with my friend, Hayley, in central London for a quick drink. Well, that’s what I thought anyway. Problem 1: Hayley and I have often gone out and would eat as she sat there and watched me eat because she’d already had dinner or had plans later that evening. Yesterday Hayley told me she wasn’t going to eat but would be willing to “watch me eat” if I wanted food. Problem 2: I am notorious for being late. I’m ALWAYS late. Even why I try to be early something always scuppers my plans: a late train, a flat tyre, bad traffic – there’s always something that happens.
So yesterday I managed to catch the early train into London giving me 20 minutes to grab a quick bite to eat before meeting Hayley and then she wouldn’t have to “watch me eat” this time. Well said early train was actually late and by the time it got into London I had 12 minutes before Hayley and I were meant to meet. No problem. I still ran into Yo-sushi (a favourite of mine. It’s one of those sushi bars that have sushi on the conveyer belt thing in from of your table – love it!) and quickly scarfed down some sushi. As I was paying the bill I sent Hayley a text saying I was paying my bill and I’d see her in a second (Yo-sushi is just upstairs from where I was meant to meet Hayley). As I came out the Yo-sushi door Hayley and a friend were there to greet me, “Please tell me you haven’t eaten” says Hayley.
“I just shoved some sushi down my throat and I’m pretty stuffed” says I.
“D’oh!” says she.
Hayley had arrived about 20 minutes before 6 (when we were due to meet) with a friend, Sarah. Hayley told Sarah that because I was always late, they’d have time for a quick drink before I arrived and then we could all go for dinner somewhere (Hayley, knowing I always made her watch me eat, knew that I wouldn’t have had any dinner yet). Foiled!

All in all it was a good night out and Sarah seemed to be a good laugh.

0 comments: