Monday 24 November 2008

I never thought I'd be one of "those" people

You know, those people who have pictures of their kids plastered all over their desk / office. It's even worse for me as I have no children of my own. I can't even say, "yes, those are my precious darlings" - no instead I say "no, not mine, my niece". I have 12 pictures of my niece in my office - TWELVE! Sheesh! But she is pretty cute!

My family has basically invaded my office over the past year - and they've never even been here! Check it out...

Bottom left of picture: picture frame of 5 of Madilyn's (niece) pictures; stack of circle boxes to right of picture frame from my mother a few Christmases ago. Bottom right: recent photo of Cheryl (sister) and Madiyn

On shelf: 9 month old Madilyn with Cheryl & Scott (bro-in-law), funny card from Cheryl, Thanksgiving card from Mom (Thanksgiving card obviously not a permanent fixture). Below shelf: little notes that Mom has hidden amongst my things in my luggage when I have visited her.

Bottom right window: picture frame with 4 of Madilyn's photos. (Not family oriented, but do you recognised the "paintings" above the windows? This is what I stare at all day - or rather what my desk faces, I stare at the computer screen all day.)

1/2 of my bulletin board here (the non-work side). Quite a few of the things on it are words of wisdom / poems / inspirational thoughts that my mother sent me. Down at the very bottom you can just make out 3 photos - me and my family. To the left of the photos, a Paris, Texas postcard - Eiffel Tower, complete with cowboy hat!
(click photo to enlarge)

Now do you see why I say my family has invaded my office?! (Also ... did you enjoy the "tour" round my office / second home.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do feel like I've been in your office now! Recognize a lot of your "accessories" though I didn't see the Paris Eiffel tower. Thanks for the tour, I enjoyed it.

That's a Mom for ya!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find our Eiffel Tower either! Don't lead me on like that! The Madi pix of course are so sweet and it's easy to see why you have so many!!
See my other comment, one post previous to this.
Love you,
Sherry/YaYa

Anonymous said...

I found the Eiffel Tower and a picture of Mom, Dad, Cheryl and you!
Stunning.

Anonymous said...

The Eiffel Tower must be to the right of the black plug!

Scott and Cheryl said...

Wow! We'll have to save these pics for Madi when she's older to show her how her Auntie showed her off all the way over there in England. I think you have just about as many pics of her on your desk as I do! :)