Monday 2 February 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

It all started Sunday evening. The heavens opened up and snow began to fall. A lot of snow! It was amazing!

Meghan decided that she'd greet me with a snowball as she came home

Then she went downstairs and made a snowman

... and we played in the snow for a while

of course I tried to catch snow on my tongue!

Then we went to bed. And it continued to snow. A lot more!!! This morning I had a really important deadline (hence all the long hours I've been doing lately) so I went out to my car to face the treacherous conditions and get to work.
This was my car this morning. I've never seen this much snow - ever!


There were some nervous moments on the drive into work, but I made it. School was closed (obviously) so I helped out answering phones and letting the world know we were closed.


I couldn't leave without making snow angels.




You can't really see the snow angel here, but can you see where I made my angel? In the head teacher's parking spot. I guess I can't getting into a little mischief :-)
I couldn't help taking a few shots of the beauty that snow creates!
school yard
Our back garden

Table for 1 anyone? (Our back garden again)
Our front door
Random street

When I got home I found Meghan outside building snowman number 2. More snow means bigger snowman


Ok, so this is beyond gross, but definitely note worthy. See those pink slippers ion the snowman in the above picture? These are Meghan's slippers and they've been outside for a while. When she moved them to use them for snowman feet, she was greeted with this sight. (We are guessing that it went under there to get some relief from the snow?) (It's a dead rat if you can't tell. Frozen stiff. ew!!!)

After the snowman, we headed for the grocery store (on foot). This isn't the greatest picture of me .. but the scenery is just magnificent!!


Headed back from shopping (snow still falling)



Meghan (in red) throwing up a snowball and catching it




Home from shopping.

As I type this, the snow is still falling. School is cancelled again tomorrow and there's a good 8 inches of snow on the ground. It's SO incredibly beautiful. I've never seen a sight like this (that I can remember anyway - I did live in Colorado Springs (in the Rocky Mountains) for a year, and I'm sure it snowed this much there, but I was too young to remember). I'm loving this white beauty!!!
(You'll be happy to see that I've used some of my snow day to update my blog. Hope you enjoy catching up!)

3 comments:

Scott and Cheryl said...

That looks fun and exciting! I only wish our winter weather here could have been that enjoyable. I can't wait to share pics once we're able to get settled back in to our own house :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! What fun for you and Megan! Great pictures! Especially like your snow angel and the beautiful landscape at school with the trees.

Love you,
Mom

martha crockett said...

Oooooooo! I love snow, and you did a great job sharing it with us!
Wonderful pix.
BTW, I think music on blogs should be outlawed......