Monday 6 July 2009

Lindsay & Adam

Thanks to google calendar (and having access to google calendar on my phone) I have rather robust scheduling system and can tell you when I was doing each night. Yippee, all of June isn't lost! My posts will be out of order, but you can get a gist of what I've been up to.

23 June
Adam and Lindsay and James and I were due to go out (I thought we were going to dinner, Lindsay thought we were going for a drink.) Love confusion.

Lindsay and Adam at my flat

In the end I decided to cook pizzas. This week was the beginning of England's heat wave where we got into the 90s on a daily basis. I hear you say "but you're from Texas!" I am from Texas - where's there's air conditioning-o-plenty ... 90 degrees is flipping hot when there's no ac to cool off! Thus my "cooking" pizza entailed picking up the phone and dialling for Dominoes. I just couldn't face turning the oven on and adding more heat to my sweltering flat!!!

I was quite annoyed at the state of the pizzas when they got to the flat ... they were all mushed up. I meant to let Dominoes know of my irritation, but I forgot and I seriously don't have the time, but I did manage to snap a photo!



Despite the pizza entanglement we had a good natter and a fun evening!!

1 July

Lindsay and Adam came back over to the flat - this time for a BBQ on the roof with Meghan (my flatmate) and I. Meghan's got some better pictures on her camera, this is the only one I managed to take. We normally "put a leg over" this fence to get to our flat roof where we enjoy the outdoors. One of the "poley things" (that's a technical term) is missing and all night Adam was itching to try to go through the fence instead of over it ... on our way in for the evening he decided to go through it ... and managed it. He looked a bit silly though - but isn't that the point?!


After we got back inside and cleaned up it was bed time, but as we'd been talking about going inside to play a game we decided to have a few rounds of Uno. I love board and card games - so much fun and interactive. Who needs a tv! That was a fun night!!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: